Saturday, December 29, 2007
15 years!! (Or. post 2/15/07)
15 years ago today, I married my best friend. 15 years......the time really has flown by. How do you thank someone for giving you their all and letting you be your all in return? I remember like it was yesterday following him around. I knew as a very young girl that this was the man I wanted for the rest of my life. I remember telling my friends and sisters, "You wait, I will marry him one day". No one ever believed me. LOL! Through the years, we have had ups and downs as all marriages have. We have succeeded in our marriage because we both believe that we are worth the extra effort to fight through the rough times. People give up too easily. I love who I am with him. Believe me when I say that I have put him to the test...He loves me through all of my OCD, my tattoos, my piercings...lol. He shakes his head at me and wonders what is wrong with me but still, somehow, he loves me. I really am not sure what I did to deserve him. I am not even sure that I DO deserve him. I thank God all the time for putting him in my life. This is not all that mushy or thought provoking....There are no words to describe what it feels like to marry your best friend. I am blessed that God has allowed us 15 years filled with tears, laughter, love, respect, and 2 beautiful daughters. He is my soul. I cannot imagine my life without him and hope to God that I do not have to find out. To lose him, would be losing part of myself. He and my girls are everything to me. He can make me laugh when no one else can. I am looking forward to the rest of my life with him. I pray that for any of you that do not have this, that you will someday be able to experience this kind of love. It is a ride well worth getting on. I love you, David! Thank you for 15 wonderful years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment